Thursday, September 20, 2012

Grill Cleaner - Wild Orange Essential Oil

I cleaned our filthy grill recently with one of my favorite essential oils - Wild Orange!  Check out these photos and see why this will be my number one choice from here on out. I know, I know, it was so dirty it was embarrassing!   Truly, we hadn't cleaned it all summer long and you could really see all the grease built up over the summer- ick!  Formerly, I'd use a Grill Cleaner from the store or a Stainless Steel Cleaner but since I had my Orange Oil handy I thought I'd give it a try.  I knew that Orange oil (and frankly most citrus essential oils) was great at taking off sticky labels on picture frame glass and since the grease was so tough/sticky I thought maybe it would work the same.  So, I just put a few drops right on top of the black grease, spread it around a bit to cover well, then I let it sit for just about 2-3 minutes.  Then I wiped clean with a paper towel!  The areas that were super tough, I had to do twice, but really, it came off without even having to rub hard.  I must admit I used about 3/4 of a  small 5ml bottle, but still it's CHEAP and no harmful chemicals going into the air or into my lungs!  You'll notice our grill is old (about 8 years old) and does have some normal wear/tear and discoloring which oils can't help, but overall, I think the oil worked really well- I'd give it a A+!  Note to self:  Next time, try diluting the orange oil with a carrier oil and see if it works just as well in a diluted state.
BEFORE
After



More.... Before
After

No comments: